With gas prices skyrocketing as of late, you might be rethinking your family’s schedule of upcoming events these next few months. Though heading out of town every weekend isn’t looking particularly appealing this summer, that doesn’t mean you’re in for a season of boredom. Whether you’re new to the Paris of the Prairies or are a seasoned Saskatoonian, here’s your go-to guide to the city’s local hot spots you should definitely check out this summer!
Saskatoon Pride Festival & Market
- Takes place at River Landing starting at 2 PM on June 18th!
- Tons of events planned including:
- A stage concert featuring local 2SLGBTQ+ talent
- Market of local businesses, artisans and artists
- Delicious food
- Family fun area for all ages supported by Grosvenor United Church
- Beer gardens hosted by Alt Hotel
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan
- Truly unique theatre experience with the South Saskatchewan River as your backdrop
- First show on July 2nd and goes until August 21st!
- Catch one of three mainstage shows:
- Cymbeline by William Shakespeare – July 2nd to August 14th
- Shakespeare’s Will by Vern Theissen – July 14 to July 31st
- Iago Speaks by Daniel Macdonald – August 8th to August 21st
Sasktel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival
- June 30th to July 7th at The Bessborough Gardens, Broadway Theatre, Amigos Cantina, The Basement, Victoria Park, Maurice Drouin Lounge and DTN YXE
- Each summer, Saskatoon plays host to hundreds of world class artists and 75,000 hungry music fans for jazz, blues, funk, pop and more!
The Fringe Festival
- July 28th to August 6th on Broadway Avenue from 12th Street to Main Street
- Celebrate local, provincial and international artists through in person and online performances in various locations
- Food trucks, artisan vendors, carnival games, accessible washrooms and much, much more!
- August 9th to August 14th at Prarieland Park
- Saskatchewan’s largest summer event with 6 days of non-stop entertainment!
- Rides and entertainment for endless family fun
Rock102 Rock the River
- August 19th to 21st
- Saskatchewan’s Classic Rock Festival feature an outstanding line-up of Canadian Classic Rock bands
- RAIN or SHINE outdoor music festival in the Delta Bessborough Gardens at the Delta Hotels by Marrio Bessborough
- Something on Sundays: Takes place from 1 PM-4 PM every Sunday featuring a new artmaking activity each week. SoS is free to attend, no admission or registration required!
- Remai Modern also hosts Public Tours on Saturdays & Sundays
The Prairie Lily
- Get a unique tour experience of Saskatoon on the South Saskatchewan River all summer long!
The Berry Barn
- The perfect little get away from the city with panoramic views of the river and with the relaxing countryside and scenic gardens
- Delectable homestyle meals and unforgettable Saskatoon berry pie. Need we say more?
Saskatoon Forestry Farm and Zoo
- All generations can explore the beautiful park landscape with intimate gardens, historic buildings and a variety of western Candian animals and exotic species
- Saskatchewan’s only CAZA-AZAC accredited zoo
Can’t wait to check them out as an official Saskatoon resident but haven’t found your dream home yet? We can help! Looking for even more fun to keep the kiddos entertained, check out our blog!